Translate

Sunday, May 4, 2014

2013... this is where the real journey begins. In April my employer health insurance finally kicked in. I had been feeling all kinds of joint pains and when I went to see my primary care physician she scheduled an x-ray of the spine, I got my prescriptions for Tamoxifen and my other  non-cancer related drugs and felt things were going to get better.

Because the health insurance required a 2500 deductible I did not schedule the x-rays. You see I am the sole income earner for my family and we just couldn't afford it. The joint pain continued and in May it got so bad I could not stand from a sitting position on my own. And then one day it
mysteriously disappeared. Fast forward to July 16th. My family and I were moving to a new home. After the first trip we went back to the old place and I sat down on a low laying ottoman. When I tried to get up my legs gave up and I fell to the ground. I could not move. In my mind I knew I had broken my leg but I thought the fall had not being strong enough to cause a fracture. My sister in law twisted my leg around and tried to snap in place but it just kept on twisting.

Emergency services were called and I was taken to Winter Park Memorial Florida Hospital. I was not in pain and I knew my daughter and the rest of the family were busy with the moving so I said to my daughter to leave me in the hospital on my own and to come back when she was done with the move.

X-rays were made and sure enough my femur was broken. I was scheduled for surgery the next day.



No comments:

Post a Comment