Translate

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Things went well for a while. My last scans in February of this year show that the cancer cells have stopped growing for now. My doctor says that she will order new scans every 6 months unless the markers show activity.

Right now what's going on is that I no longer have medical insurance. I won't qualify for Medicare until I've been disabled for two years. State Medicaid denied me insurance and I don't qualify for the tax credit under the new health care law (Obamacare). So I been getting my cancer med from the doctor and I don't have any pain med right now and I'm in a lot of pain. In the hip and in the leg.

I need to have insurance so next month when I get my disability check I'm going to buy private insurance which is going to cost me about $400 USD. My disability check is for $850 USD so that means my daughter, grandson and I would have to live on the $450 left.

I feel irritable all the time, I'm not sleeping well because of the pain. I feel tired all the time. I feel hopeless and desperate. I need to know someone understands what I'm going through. (Today us Sunday May 11th, Happy Mother's Day to me! I'm so grateful to spend it with my daughter) Tomorrow I am going to call my oncologist to see if they have some pain med they can provide.

If anyone reads this please post a comment.





1 comment:

  1. I understand exactly what your going through! Call the drug company's and tell them your situation. I'm not sure about pain meds, but they will help with a lot of the cancer meds we take. When my son was first diagnosed with diabetes I got insulin free from lthe lily company.

    ReplyDelete